Committed to Excellence
Since day one, we have strived to be recognized as a top Certified Financial Planner in the cannabis industry. We provide clients with a wide range of services that will help them thrive and grow. Whether it’s employee benefit planning, retirement planning, or crisis management - We're here for our clients, wherever, whenever.
We know that sometimes things can get challenging, and we're here to ease the load off your shoulders. If you’d like to learn more about how our consulting services can help you or your business grow, book an introductory meeting today.
What is a CFP? CFP stands for Certified Financial Planner. This is a formal recognition of expertise in the areas of financial planning, taxes, insurance, estate planning, and retirement (such as with 401(k)s).
How much could I potential save on taxes? Although each business is different, you could potentially reduce your businesses taxable income by up to $63,000 (or 25% of income, whichever is less) PER ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEE PER YEAR!
Is this legal? Yes, section 471-11 of the IRS tax code allows you to deduct employee benefits. The IRS also set limits on how much you can contribute to each employee account as an employee benefit. Working with your bookkeeper we will ensure the funds go the correct account in the right amounts to keep you compliant.
4. What financial institution do I use? We will work with whatever bank you are currently using, as long as, they are cannabis friendly. If you do not have a bank you are currently using, we can recommend some that work with our industry.
5. Who has control over the established accounts to fund? Each employee will have complete control of their own accounts.
6. Who invests the assets? Each employee will have complete control over investments in their account. We can make recommendations for asset allocations, but the employee makes the ultimate decision and investments.
7. Are there any commissions on investment transactions? Our services are an upfront flat-fee based business, so there are no commissions paid to us. However, each financial institution will have their own fee and commission structure. As your fiduciary, we will work to ensure we are getting the best pricing for your particular plan.
8. How do I know what accounts to set up? We work side by side with each member of your employee benefits plan to ensure that accounts are set up correctly, titled correctly, and funded correctly to stay compliant and fully utilize the tax benefits and financial planning benefits.
9. What if I don’t have a bookkeeper or CFO? Not a problem, we can recommend several options for you to choose from, and in the right instances perform these services as well.
10. How often do we meet? We will meet as often as necessary to ensure that your plan is properly in place and the appropriate actions are being taken maximize the plan implementation. Rest assured ONE TIME FEE DOES NOT MEAN ONE TIME SERVICE. You are investing in a relationship not purchasing a one time service.
Still have questions? Schedule a call and lets discuss them.
Consulting with Purpose
When you work with Cannabis CFP you are working with a professional who works exclusively with the cannabis industry and has working, first hand knowledge, on the challenges you face. Our flat fee structure sets us apart from other firms by ensuring that we act solely with your best interests in mind. With expert knowledge of financial planning and employee benefits we will custom tailor a plan that maximizes your benefits while minimizing your tax burden. We strive to work along side you answering questions and educating participants along the way, providing a level of customer service unsurpassed in the industry.
The IRS scares everyone, especially cannabis business owners. I was once just like you, a cannabis business owner who had no idea that they were overpaying on their taxes, while underpaying themselves and their employees. It wasn't until I combined my 18 years of financial planning experience and 7 years of cannabis business ownership, that I realized how I can save thousands in taxes every year by compensating myself, and key employees, in tax deferred retirement accounts. By using the tax breaks the IRS allows in section 471-11, as well as, the tax breaks allowed for small business owners, you can save potentially tens of thousands of dollars in taxes and pass the savings along to yourself and your key employees every year. Its a WIN-WIN situation, and best yet it is in the tax code and even encouraged! Whether you are a solo business owner, or have under 100 employees, you can implement the same strategies that have saved myself and others thousands of dollars in taxes by passing the benefits along to themselves and their employees. Contact me today for a free consultation to see what options are available for you. Note, as a financial fiduciary, I will not accept any client I do not 100% believe can significantly benefit from my strategies.